Upgrade Your Home Security with No Bugs Termite and Pest Control
Home security systems have come a long way from a deadbolt and a baseball bat. Smart homes, camera integration, and remote security help protect your home at the touch of a button. Unfortunately, a high-tech security system may not be in your budget, or you may be renting and cannot install a security system to protect your current home. If this is the case, there are simple ways to help keep your home safe without breaking the bank. Attention to detail and habitual safe practices will help guard against break-ins.
At No Bugs Termite and Pest Control, we care about more than just protecting your home from bugs. Our Santa Clarita pest control experts want your family to be safe from all unwelcomed guests, so we compiled a list of ways to improve the security of your home.
Keep the pests away while protecting your family yea-round. Contact No Bugs Termite and Pest Control to discuss your pest control needs today!
10 Tips to Keep Your Home Safe and Protect Your Loved Ones
A safe home is one where you can relax and unwind, knowing that those inside are protected. Don’t get caught defenseless. Read the tips below and incorporate what you learn into your home protection plan.
- Update and increase the effectiveness of your existing cameras and security system by permitting and licensing it with a service provider and local law enforcement. This will allow for direct access to footage, response service availability, and additional support.
- Answer your doorbell as quickly as possible when home, and do not let young children answer unattended. (Young children may not be able to discern what is on the other side of that door.) Utilize a smart or camera doorbell so that you can monitor the coming and going from the front door with your smartphone.
- Use automated lights in your home to make your presence less predictable for intruders. Technology allows for lights to turn on if outside motion is detected or on timers as set by you.
- Do not leave your garage door opener in your car. This creates an easy way for car thieves to get a 2-for1. If your vehicle is accessed, they then have access to your garage and home at their fingertips.
- Create an emergency supply kit that is easily accessible and portable. Be sure to include medical supplies, water, food, and a form of self-protection.
- Make your address visible from the street, either using lighted numbers or clearly defined numbers with reflective patina. This will help emergency response teams find your house as easily and quickly as possible.
- Reinforce your front door or other external doors by installing a strike plate, deadbolt, and peephole. When installing door hardware, use 2-inch screws instead of the shorter screws included in the package, to create a stronger hold.
- Install landscape lighting to help deter intruders (and wildlife) from using them as cover during the night. Be sure to trim hedges away from exterior walls and cut tree limbs away from points of entry. Lighting and landscape maintenance will also prevent trip and fall hazards for you and your family. Save money and energy by using solar-powered lighting when possible.
- Install an in-home safe that is anchored or heavy enough to prevent removal. Store important paperwork, heirlooms, jewelry, and any other items that must be protected, but that you do not need to access every day. Many safes have double locks or 2-part security locks that further protect your belongings.
- When working on home improvement projects or during remodeling, be sure to secure ladders, tools, and scaffolding at the end of each day. Leaving these items out creates opportunities for intruders to use them to break into your home.
Home Security: Keep the Bugs Out, Too!
Your home may be host to unwanted guests and intruders that you don’t even know about. Insects, spiders, and other pests take shelter in the spaces of our homes we may not see. Luckily, just like a strong home security system, pest control services from No Bug Termite and Pest Control can help protect your family. Keep bugs and furry pests away with our pest control options or fight infestations with specialty treatments.
No Bugs Termite and Pest Control is Santa Clarita’s number one pest control service, with the integrity, experience, and knowledge to stay at the top. Protect against pests with a service you can count on. Call No Bugs Termite and Pest Control now and start protecting your home.